|To be included on this page, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call to Artists - SOUL SESSIONS curated by 1000virtues Dance @ Out of the Blue Gallery
Apply By: Sunday, October 20th 2013
SOUL SESSIONS seeks DANCERS, MOVERS AND PERFORMERS OF ANY STYLE to share your work at the monthly multi-media showcase emerging and established artists every last Sunday of the month at Out of the Blue Art Gallery in Central Square.
Curated by Chien-Hwe/1 o o o v i r t u e s d a n c e, each session will showcase 5 performing artists and up 1 or 2 musicians to share their work in this multi-media event. Every last Sunday of the Month from 7-9pm. Now accepting submissions to perform and do your thing.
2013 SOUL SESSION DATES
- Sunday, October 27th [proposal due by October 20th]
- Sunday, November 17th [proposal due by November 10th]
- Sunday, December 15th [proposal due by December 8th]
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- Email a proposal with your name, phone number + email to 1000virtuesdance[at]gmail.com
- Describe your dance background in 3-5 sentences.
- Describe your proposed piece [music title and name of artist, length] 3-5 sentences.
- If available, send a link to your previous or current work. [This is NOT an audition.]
- Select your top 2 choices of preferred dates when you would like to share your work
- Describe in 3-5 sentences what you are hoping to get from Soul Sessions.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- An opportunity to perform your work in an intimate and informal setting
- Exposure to a new audience
- A pre-marketed showcase event
- A monthly opportunity to allow your work to grow and be exposed
- Someone to bounce ideas off of if your choreography is still in progress
- Professional networking to other choreographers and dancers in the showcase
- Live musicians will perform and local art will be shared at every event
- A potluck refreshment environment
Call for Applications - Movement at the Mills @ Boston Center for the Arts
Apply By: Monday, Dec 9th @ 5pm
Movement at the Mills is an exhibition of dance by local and national choreographers and companies. The program follows an annual schedule of three sessions per season, hosting a variety of dance artists. Performances occur in numerous areas of the space while audience members are invited to walk through the gallery and observe dance in an exhibition setting.
Through a mixture of open call and direct invitation, this season will feature regional, national, and local choreographers collaborating and connecting with audiences and artists.
The 2013/2014 open call performance will be Friday, April 18, 2014. The Mills Gallery will serve as a playground for choreographers to explore and adapt movement in response to the nooks and structural elements of the gallery.
Applications are due on Monday, December 9th by 5:00pm
Submit applications electronically, via mail or in person to Andrea Blesso Albuquerque or Boston Center for the Arts, 539 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116 Attn: Andrea Blesso Albuquerque
Download full application here
Call for Choreographers - National Choreography Month (Nachmo) Boston
What is Nachmo?
Nachmo is your yearly choreographic kick in the pants conceived by Sharyn Korey and Anna Brown Massey. We spur dancers to choreograph by challenging you to work against a deadline. You’ve got one rollicking month from January 1st to the 31st to forge new steps and complete your piece. Your work doesn’t have to be good, nor does it have to be public, but it does have to be done. For this one month each year, we put aside our excuses, our hesitations, and perhaps our day jobs to work intensely on making dance. Through the communal Nachmo blog, social media, and live events throughout January, we provide opportunities for individual artists to network and collaborate.
Please note that only work created during the month of January 2014 as part of Nachmo is eligible to participate.
When: Early February 2014, TBD, Saturday only, matinee and evening
Where: Green Street Studios
Application Fee $15
Your application fee goes to directly support the costs of this performance.
Check out this page for the application!