Part-time Office Manager for Jeannette Neill Dance Studio
Part-time salaried position, working 20-25 hours per week
• Responsible in assisting general daily office and studio management
• Actively assisting studio Directors, as directed
• Must be able to maintain a general working knowledge of the various JNDS programs
• Maintaining website
• Answering phones
• Fielding various program inquiries
• Data entry
• Maintaining office and maintenance supplies
• Developing and maintaining a workable studio office calendar
• Maintaining studio rental calendar
• Overseeing work/study program
• Ability to troubleshoot
Seeking a highly organized individual with excellent people skills. Must have experience with Mac, Microsoft Word, Excel and Quickbooks.
Experience with Social Media, Adobe Suite/Graphic Design Skills and Arts Administration experience a plus.
Dance Inn Saturday Office Administrator
Applicant needs to be able to multi-task, work well with children and adults.
Hours: Saturday 8:30-1:00pm – possible hours during the week
Overall duties include on site management of daily studio activities. Liaison between parents and staff/faculty. Takes direction from Studio Manager.
Maintain communication with Studio Manager, families, and teachers
• Pick up phone, email, fax messages every hour
– return phone calls, make sure teachers get messages, respond to emails and/or forward along to appropriate parties
– when needed follows through on teacher responses by returning phone calls and/or emails
– make sure answering machine message is updated each day
• Update white board with any important notes to teachers/staff
Waiting area and office area announcements/postings
– keep DI desks (front and back) in order
– keep waiting area and office area up-to-date with studio activities
Jacob’s Pillow Manager of Institutional Support
Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival, a National Historic Landmark and world-renowned arts organization located in Western Massachusetts, seeks a full-time Manager of Institutional Support. Responsibilities include managing the annual institutional giving strategy; researching current and potential funding sources, crafting compelling grant proposals; managing the annual calendar of institutional deadlines, notifications and reports; fostering relationships with institutional funders; and more. Three years of grant-writing experience required. Dance knowledge preferred.
See jacobspillow.org/ employment/manager-institutional-support/ for full job description and application guidelines.
Dancewear Account Executive
Pointe Shoe brand Gaynor Minden is looking for an account executive to work with wholesale dancewear accounts in New England and the surrounding area.
Account Executives are the primary drivers of our sales and growth. This management position requires a good understanding of the dancewear industry, Gaynor Minden’s place in it, and the specifics of accounts being supervised. Mastery of Gaynor Minden’s IT systems and an ability to effectively manage one’s time and budget for maximum effectiveness are critical.
The successful candidate will be a college-educated ex-dancer with industry experience, excellent people skills, an ability to handle many projects at once, a strong sales/customer service orientation, and a proven record of taking the initiative in past work.
Our headquarters is in New York City; this position could either be in NYC or home-based. Expect to travel about 12 weeks per year.
Dance / Choreography Teacher at Dexter Southfield School
Dexter Southfield seeks candidates for a part-time position teaching after-school dance and theater choreography for middle and upper school students in the 2016-2017 school year.
The schedule is Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
Fall Sept. 8-Nov. 17 2:15-7:30 p.m.
Winter Nov. 21-Feb.24 2:15-7:30 p.m.
Spring March 27-May 26 2:15-5:30 p.m.
Candidates should complete an application on the School’s website and send it with a cover letter and current resume to Stewart Tucker, Assistant Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.