Congratulations to the participants in the
2019 Summer Boston Dance Alliance Dancewear Distribution program!
We are so pleased that our friends and members are helping us to distribute over $30,000 worth of brand new dancewear, including adult/youth pointe shoes and children’s items to financially disadvantaged dancers in our community.
This summer’s dancewear will be shared with the help of
- Shaumba Dbinga (OrigiNation)
- Tony Williams Dance Center
- Lorraine Chapman (IPAC)
- Roxbury Center for the Performing Arts
- Stajez Cultural Arts
- Paula Byrne
- Jean Appolon Expressions
- Ballet Rox
Boston Dance Alliance is very grateful to our partners in this year’s program, Dance This Way of West Concord, MA, and Boston Ballet without whom this valuable program would not be possible.
The BDA Dancewear Distribution program happens once or twice a year,
but you can get free costumes for your shows and recitals all year round!
Boston Dance Alliance has partnered with From Our Hearts to Your Toes, a Long Island, New York based organization that collects gently worn dance costumes from extra small child to adult extra-large sizes
To date, From Our Hearts to Your Toes supports over 70 organizations including Arts & Education programs at Alvin Ailey, Ballet Hispanico, The Fresh Air Fund, Girls and Boys Clubs, and YMCA programs.
They do not sell any of the costumes and do not provide costumes to single individuals, just dance programs.
It’s easy to participate!
Write to email@example.com with the code BDA
- Make a request on school/dance program letterhead or include the name of your organization with a website link to demonstrate you are an organization/school working to help children. You do not have to be a registered nonprofit.
- Provide as much information as possible — number of costumes in each size, style, color, and if you know it, the music you are using or feeling you are looking for. They will “shop” their 5000 square foot warehouse in Hicksville, New York to try to match your request.
- Allow at least three-weeks to receive your costumes.
- The costumes and shipping are free!
This program is open to both current BDA members and other dance studios and organizations across the area.
We can’t provide such wonderful resources to our dancers without your support!