Help artists navigate City Hall and the arts and culture sector in Boston. The position will be housed within the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture and work closely with the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services, and will also serve as a staff liaison to other City departments.
Top candidates will be familiar with the needs of working artists and creatives in a variety of genres and forms, and be familiar with the organizations in Boston who provide support services to artists and creatives.
- Responsible for planning and management of a new function focused on delivering outstanding service to the arts and culture sector in Boston.
- Provides the processes and tools to increase efficiencies and improve the effectiveness of the City of Boston’s arts and cultural services.
- Acts as a single point of entry to City Hall for creative people and businesses looking to find information about a wide range of issues, from permitting and licensing processes to affordable housing, and financial literacy to small business support.
- Serves as an aggregator of information about grants and other opportunities for artists and creative people. Oversees the creation of a web portal designed to provide information to artists, presenters and other creative people and businesses.
- Acts as an advocate for the arts and culture sector to promote initiatives geared toward the artistic community.
- Works with City departments to assist in incorporating artistic elements in a variety of projects.
- Performs related work as required.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY GRANT FUNDED POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF BECOMING PERMANENT. Deadline September 15, 2016