Portable Dance Floor
The Boston Dance Alliance floor makes dancing possible
outdoors or inside!
Outdoors, the portable BDA floor can turn a basketball court, grassy lawn or parking lot into a danceable stage.
Inside, the floor makes it possible to present live, hybrid, and virtual performances without renting specialized theatre venues.
Carpeted floor? Linoleum? Wood over concrete? No problem. The BDA sprung floor makes it safe to dance.
Sizes range from 5’x 5′ to 35′ x 37’6″.
You can go DIY and pick it up yourself, or hire our technician. Your BDA rental contract will describe the type and number of carts you need and the size van or truck you need to transport them.
Watch and see how easy it is to assemble the BDA floor!
How Much Does It Cost?
The BDA floor is competitively priced to make it available to as many users as possible. Prices for the BDA floor depend on the size and how long you will have it.
BDA will not charge increased fees for ticketed/paid events during what continues to be a challenging time.
Some typical examples:
- One day rental 12.5’x 12.5’ $400 members, $500 non-members
- One day rental of 20’x 20’ $600 members, $750 non-members
- One day rental of entire floor 35’ x 37.5’ $850 members, $1,000 non-members
- Don’t want to pick up, assemble and return the floor yourself? Tell us as soon as possible so that we can check technician availability. Reservations made after September 5, 2022 will incur $75 surcharge for BDA to arrange delivery and set up by a technician.
- Direct technician fees include labor, truck rental and fuel and insurance surcharges and range from $500-$1500 depending on the size of the installation. These charges are invoiced and paid directly to the technician.
- There is a $350 security deposit which is returned to you on return of the floor in good condition.
- Using pointe shoes? You will need to add Marley at an additional cost, approximately $35/roll+ $20/roll tape. BDA does not have Marley, but we can usually arrange to get it from one of our partners.
Contact BDA as early as possible to determine availability and to get a no obligation quote.
We are happy to help you think through how to budget for a floor rental in your grant applications.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and a quote.
Buy A Floor
BDA’s portable sprung dance floor is a great investment for schools, municipalities, community organizations, clubs, and cultural institutions that want to share dance with a broad range of audiences and participants. Floors are built to your specifications! Let us tell you more