BPS Arts Expansion has released its RFP for the 2022-23 school year, including Individual Arts Educator grants of up to $500 to support professional development or supplies for teaching artists and BPS arts teachers. There will be an Information Session on February 8, with an application deadline of March 23.
Hannah Cole gives a virtual talk on Taxes for Artists, Freelancers and Creative Businesses on Thursday, February 10th from 10-12PM. She will discuss the basic tax equation, self employment tax and the estimated quarterly tax system, audit concerns for the creative person, and other tax issues specifically relevant to artists and makers, followed by a question and answer period.
Join Dege Feder, an award-winning Ethiopian-Israeli choreographer, dancer, artistic director, and musician in conversation with Dr. Shula Mola for Studio Israel. This webinar is part of an online conversation series that looks at Israeli culture and diversity through the lens of contemporary Israeli artists and creatives. Thursday, February 10 from 12-1PM
David Millstone from the Country Dance and Song Society presents the first session of the Square Dance History Series Thursday, February 10 at 8PM. This lecture will cover 17th century France to Civil War ballrooms to explore and discuss how this dance form became a staple of American popular culture
Re-experience the memorable work previously presented by Global Arts Live from the comfort of your own home: What the Day Owes to the Night by Cie Hervé Koubi. Performed primarily by dancers from North Africa with street dance backgrounds, the work traces Koubi’s discovery of his Algerian roots through his experience coming of age in contemporary France. Thursday, February 10 at 7PM.
Join The Dance Complex on February 10 and 11 for choreographer-facilitator Ashley Eng’s ukiyo (n.), a performance made through deep reflection and collaboration among an ensemble of dancers and musicians originally presented at the Boston Conservatory @ Berklee. In-person registration and virtual registration.
SLOWBURN Dance Company presents Ours, an evening length contemporary dance work that focuses on finding satisfaction through movement, diving into personal expression, and reveling in the experience of dancing together. Friday, February 11 at 8PM at the Amory Café
The Dance Complex is thrilled to welcome Nino de los Reyes to the DC studios on February 12th. Presented in association with Celebrity Series of Boston, this free class will be based in the fundamentals of flamenco with a general technique for the usage of arms, hands, body posture, movement in space, standard turns, footwork, all within the various flamenco rhythms. And stay tuned for the upcoming show, Rhythm of Life with Sandeep Das & Nino de los Reyes next week!
The Boston She Party presents a must-see cheeky revue featuring gorgeous dancers and live jazz music in a spectacular liberating experience! The Boston She Party’s racy historical cabaret, #FolliesforBoston, is a jazz-meets-burlesque revue loosely based on events in Boston that led up to the Revolutionary War. Saturday, February 12 at 7:30PM.
Head to the first ever Salsa & Bachata Valentine’s Masquerade onSaturday February 12 at 9PM. An elegant night full of fun, lots of great music, great energy, lots of dancing and a lot of great people, so you can dance the night away!!
Nazar Bollywood dance troupe is hosting try tryouts zoom on Saturday, February 12 at 2PM. Find out more HERE.
Peter DiMuro/Public Displays of Motion is looking for a communications intern. Perfect for self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative thinkers interested in a future in arts administration. Responsibilities include creating promotional materials, social media, assist with PDM newsletter, and help organize graphics. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- StoneWorks is looking for dancers for the 2022 production of Queen of Nori, and audition registration is now live! Follow this link for more information about casting, rehearsals, and compensation – these are paid projects at $20/hr for rehearsal and performance
- Velocity Dance Company is hiring for two roles:
- A versatile dance instructor who can teach Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Contemporary for all levels. ACRO is a plus! Looking for a candidate with high energy and able to connect with the students and proficient in dance terminology
- An Acro director/instructor to teach and work with director to grow the program.
Submit your resume/profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your choreography where available.
- Nobles seeks a part-time Instructor in Dance for the 2022-23 school year. The ideal candidate will teach all levels and will have a background in hip hop, ballet, modern, and / or other dance styles. Courses meet on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9:20-11:00am and from 3:00 to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Assistance with fall dance concert and collaboration with other members of the Theatre and Dance department are important components of this position. Apply here Please address your application to Jillian Kinard (Director of Dance program) at email@example.com
BDA was saddened to learn of the passing of great American post-modern dancemaker David Gordon. Experience a sample of his unique talents.
Wishing you warmth and care,
Debra Cash, Executive Director